Basic Authentication (API key)
Basic access authentication is a way for a user to provide a username and password or SID and Access key when making an API request.
- Create your API key by clicking Create API key button
- Latest SID and Access will be printed on your screen
Authorization: Basic X
- To the left of the colon is the header key:
- To the right of the colon is the header value:
X should be replaced with the Base64 encoded version of the users credentials and it is the only value that needs to be replaced in this header.
You can either base64 encode from the command line: https://www.serverlab.ca/tutorials/linux/administration-linux/how-to-base64-encode-and-decode-from-command-line/
You can use text editor like Notepad++ or some service such as this one, if you are okay with entering your credentials on a third-party website (at your own risk): https://www.base64encode.org/
If you use the online encoder, follow these steps:
- 1.In the online encoder, enter your sid and accesskey, separated by a colon (
- 2.Click ENCODE
- 3.Copy the encoded value and go to the next step
Above sid and accesskey Base64 encoded: OThYZ2hJNWl3WndpOG02ajFxR0FFNGJhZlpmQ1FqalBOSFdrODRRQTpFNlhvWlJ2ZzNoaHNQOU5sSjVOSUZuQTl1NEtJNklWckxOQ2lNUmZ2
If you need any further Help During your onboarding or have questions related to API Keys, you can reach out to our support team at [email protected]